Located in Camiguin, the Island Born of Fire, is an active stratovolcano and dome complex with a height of 1332 meters above sea level. It had five major eruptions during the modern history and the last one happened during the 1950’s and has three crater lakes namely Kanangkaan, Itum and Ilihan which are viewable from the crater rim summit. It is rich in flora and fauna ranging from wild orchids to mossy outgrowths and is accessible through the Yumbing and Ardent Trails. One can see the White Island Sandbar from the top and a 360 degree view of the whole island.
How To Get There:
● From Manila, take any flight bound for Cagayan de Oro via Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines (45 minutes travel time).
● Upon arrival at the Laguindingan Airport, ride any shuttle or bus bound for Cagayan de Oro City and alight at the Agora Terminal. (1 hour travel time)
● At the Agora Terminal, take any bus bound for Balingoan Port, Misamis Oriental (2-3hours), or if traveling in a group one can opt to rent a van for faster travel time (1.5-2hours).
● At the Balingoan Port, Misamis Oriental take the ferry bound for Benoni Port, Camiguin (45mins-1hour).
● From Benoni Port there are public multicabs bound for Mambajao, then from Mambajao hail any Motorella to take you to the Ardent or Yumbing jump-off points (Trek time os around 3-4hrs).
Full Article Here: